West Wing Wednesday Night #34 January 26, 2011
We hope your holidays went well and wish you all the very very best for 2011!
The new year brings about a change in scheduling – and my apologies for the short notice – but yes, the withdrawal from the salons was too long and we’ll try and make it for the last Wednesday of this glorious first month of 2011.
On the agenda:
- Happy to say Montreal made it on the list of the 30 most dynamic cities to lead us out of the recession – , but why not Vancouver and what do we need to change here?
- The battle is on to determine the Internet regulations and costs – what is the right balance between public access and provider profit, and why so much more expensive in Canada vs. elsewhere?
- What is the verdict on Schwarzenegger’s term – other than the green initiatives, did he actually accomplish anything?
- Is Earth overpopulated? Does it worry you that a thousand Canadians a day turn 65yo and they have not saved enough?
- and of course, we’ll make time for a few comments on provincial and federal politics… I would be curious to see your takes on some of the leadership candidate proposals.